Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sales.. decreasing... so... poor

Yeah I've ridden the "don't be productive" wave as far as I can, and now I'm barely clearing L$4k a day. I need finish the store and put stuff out. I have a lot to put out. What do you guys think is best, one big update or slowly leaking stuff out?

SL blows. If you see me online, please do me a favor and IM me. You don't have to talk to me, just say "Hey Noam, are you frozen?" So then I can know if my SIM went down 30 minutes ago without giving me the a hint. I built the entire sewer last night while my sim was down... then finally froze, logged back in to find NOTHING SURVIVED. Kept making B IM me to check after that.

Grrr.

Other stuff... hrm. I cooked a chicken last night. This is blog worthy because I don't cook. Tonight I'm going to make soup out of the left overs. Also blog worthy since I've never made one before. Brandon gave me a recipe. What the fuck is a "bay leaf"? and why is it important for flavoring?

Note to self: Buy the following
Bullion
celery
carrots
black pepper (as I am unsure what kind of pepper I have and if this is a different kind... uh Isn't it all black?)
Brussel sprouts
bay leaf ((*eyes skeptically*))
Rice
Onions


Brandon: you need bullion
Me: the cube thingies?
Me: how many do I put in it?
Me: in say.. uh, a large pot
Brandon: ...
Brandon: *links online recipe*

7 Comments:

At 11:41 AM , Blogger Posy Trudeau said...

Okay Noam, I (used to) make soup all the time (I'm too lazy now...lol) The bay leaf is definitely optional but the bullion is essential. Just fill a pot with water and put your chicken in. Add whatever veggies you like, adding the hard ones like carrots, and potatoes first to cook awhile, because they cook more slowly, and the more delicate ones later (you can even use frozed veggies which cook fast... I love to throw green beans, broccoli, and corn in mine). Put in pasta last so it doesn't get mushy. I never use rice, so I'm not sure when to put that in. I just throw bullion cubes in until it tastes good (you feel like you're putting in a lot, but it's okay). Good luck!

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Noam said...

ooh! Thank you Posy I actually didn't think about cooking order. >_<

Does it take a long long time. Should I ask for a pot cooker thingy for xmas?

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Posy Trudeau said...

Well, yeah, it can take a long time, depending on what kinds of veggies are in there... its a good project when you know you'll be around all day, and the slow cooking is supposed to be more flavorful. Or, the pot cooker thingy is a great idea... I've never used one, but I hear they work great. You can have dinner waiting for you when you get home. Hey, maybe I should ask for one for xmas :-)

If you want to do a quick soup, I would suggest just making a bullion broth, throw in the chicken pieces, some bags of frozen veggies, let it come to a boil, then throw in some noodles, and cook the pasta til its done. Ta-dah! Dinner!

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Noam said...

ah yeah, I may have to do the fast one. It's tonight's dinner and I don't get home until 7-7:30pm.

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Donovan Brennen said...

Man, you guys are making me hungry! Noam, can I come over for dinner? I'll bring some RootBear from home and Jaffacakes! I know how much you love them! :D

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Noam said...

I think I just puked in my mouth a little

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

duuuuuude there is something called...canned soups!!....go look for one, less risky and you know how it will go and how the result will be, plus they are faster and cheaper! and you probably will not end up hating cooking....hmm there is some good ones i tried while i lived in NY.

The all veggie boiling and then adding pasta or rice...might end up in some kind of pudding...i know mine would end up like that lol...anyway...good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home