Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Nothing like a little anti-american music to start your day

I got Laibach's new CD "Volk." It's so good. They are songs based off the national anthems of other countries. The America one is top notch "America blows" mentality.

"Germania" is pretty dull, but I guess you should never insult your own country. And really, you can't go much lower than the Holocaust now can you?
"There are homeless people everywhere and healthcare issues and crime*"
"Yeah but at least we aren't committing mass genocide anymore."
"You got a point...Everything pales in comparison to mass genocide! :-D"

"Rossiya" is really sad. After working at the adventure travel agency, I think of the European tours I would have liked to go on, the Eastern Europe one was the most appealing. I think it would be a total mindfuck to walk through an ancient looking city that had bullet holes covering the concrete from recent wars.

Everytime I go to the UK or Europe I usually am floored by how old everything is. Seeing a church that's older than my country... that's just crazy. I feel all special telling people I grew up in a farm house that was built in 1890, but everyone over there is like "My toilet is older than your house." =_=

I'm rambling. Blarg Blarg blarg blarg Honk Honk. I'm going to get coffee.


*((Note: I don't think Germany has these problems, just suspend your disbelief for a second))

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

Well if it's a comfort, I have two toilets and neither are older than your house!

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Nex Brannan said...

I was stationed in Germany for a while, it was pretty nice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home