Friday, August 15, 2008

My banning policy

If I wander out of my skybox and find someone selling something I made as a direct copy or something that isn't a prim for prim but is a GK original and is being sold for say... the same arbitrary price... I ban the person from the Koreshan sim.

I don't ban from my store, since if you can get in the sim, you can still buy shit from my store from just outside the ban lines.

Everyone in Koreshan is ok with this and also does it.

If you are mad at me for banning you and plan on complaining to everyone in the sim, by all means do it, but don't expect anything to come from it. I came to koreshan fucking terrified of banning people ever and I'm probably one of the bigger wusses when it comes to doing it.

That being said, I rarely unban people I have personally banned and I never unban someone I didn't ban.

If that makes me the biggest asshole in your world then I guess I have to live with that.


In addition to this, some people are parcel banned for my store that are left over from when Refuge was there. I probably won't unban them either since Trinitee is one of my best friends and she probably had an awesome reason for her actions.

6 Comments:

At 3:23 PM , Blogger [Rouge Darcy ] said...

Are you sure they can still buy if you ban them from your parcel?

The only time I have been banned from a place (a ripper's store) I wasn't able to buy anything from outside the ban lines.
When I tried to do that (for proof) it said I couldn't buy, because I was banned from the parcel...

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Noam said...

Last time I had it set to group only with ban lines up because SL set my vendors to sell for L$0, people still bought stuff.

:/

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger [Rouge Darcy ] said...

Arghhh... I think I have to make a couple of experiments to see how that works, otherwise it's pretty useless to ban people from my store.

Maybe it has something to do with the difference between parcels SET to group and DEEDED to group?

/me goes to ban her ALT and see what happens

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger [Rouge Darcy ] said...

My ALT can't buy (or even touch) anything, it says something along the lines of "transaction canceled because you're banned".

My parcel is set to my group if that information helps.

Probably it works when you add people to the ban list, but not when you allow access to group only... that might be a different thing in terms of what people can or cannot do.

 
At 1:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you only ban for reselling stuff?

I've only banned a few people from my place, because I used to have the land set to never return. I was out of SL for a month or two at some point last year, come back and people had put out vendors covering up my stuff! >.< So yeah, they're banned. I'm pretty un-banny as it goes though too, I never really know what to ban for.

 
At 2:09 AM , Blogger Noam said...

I only get really mad about the reselling stuff. I dunno what else I'd ban someone for. I don't have enough interactions with people to ban over conduct.

Rouge, that has to be new cause when I had the store redesigned I had a hell of a time trying to get people not to buy stuff from the vendors. Or maybe that was a bug. >.<

Still the perk of paying so much rent is I can estate ban.


It's not like I ban often. Like maybe 10 people a year at most. I just want people to know that I don't unban normally and I definitely don't unban people someone else in Kore banned.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home