Saturday, December 15, 2007

I AM LEGEND: A Review

I AM LEGEND is a decent movie so long as:
1) you never read the story
2) never watched the other I AM LEGEND movies
3) never let anyone tell you about the story


Only under these circumstances is the movie pretty ok. If you have read the story or know what the real ending is by all means DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE. It will only make you go out into a hulk like rage and split perfectly good pants.

If you have seen the movie and enjoyed it but have not read the book, by all means DO NOT READ THE BOOK.

It's an understatement to say that the plot of the book far out ranks the plot of the movie. The book is absolute genius. The movie is ok until you find out that they could have made it like the book, and then you want to beat the creators with a pointy stick. It's so very omg this could have been the greatest thing ever but you dumbed it down for the masses. I think it has everything to do with casting Will Smith as the lead cause he's very likable and you want him to be a hero.

Will Smith was pretty ok in it. There is a part where he's crying in the video store that was really touching and sad. If it had the book ending I would seriously rate it as one of my favorite movies, since it didn't though it goes in the "eh I don't need to see this again" list.


Thus ends my review of I AM LEGEND.

PS- the dog was cute.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I read the book first. :/ The real story is super awesome (as are pretty much all the other stories in that book) and it made my heart hurt at the end of the movie. That being said, both my friends who had not read the book loved the movie muchly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home