Saturday, December 16, 2006

ERAGON


Jessica insisted that she has to see Eragon today, especially because it only got an 11 on Rotten Tomatoes, so Bill and I tagged along with her and Todd to see it. I'd read the book and it was PAINFUL. It was as if a 17yr old wrote it. Oh wait... HA.
The author over explains everything, uses too much detail and has no idea what's valuable information for the reader, which is why the book is fucking huge. When I worked at the book store I would get into arguments with nerdy anime girl (I never really worked with her often so I never learned her name) over how awful all her favorite teenaged writers were. She idolized them, but when it came down to it, they were about as talented as Anne Rice. Anne Rice's books are great when you are 13, but once you are older than 20 and you are still reading them... well, all I'll say is you have a future full of cats and renaissance fairs.

Eragon, the movie, was the complete opposite of the long winded book. It was rushed, the script was bad, the character development was not really there and some of the acting and directing was so over the top that we were crying from laughing so hard. The guy playing Eragon always looked like he was being sarcastic, which was great and made the movie more amusing, since it sucked in all other ways.

I shall end with my movie review saying Happy Feet was better than Eragon, and I thought Happy Feet was terrible.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww I just got back from seeing it and loved it. then again im a HUGE dragon fan.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home