The Koreshan Lag Issue
Lately Cobalt has been getting a lot of complaints about lag and greyness in my main store in Koreshan.
I don't have these issues, but then my computer is so godly that it exists on another realm of awesome. I realize the average SL user does not have a $5K gaming PC so I'll just pretend you all have macs which run SL like a piece of shit.
Some fun facts about Koreshan:
- Koreshan is a full sim (15K prims)
- Koreshan is on the same shitty lowest class servers that are used to host OPEN SIMS. (homesteads are on better servers than Koreshan)
- Draconic owns Koreshan, it's her and Chica's baby.
- Upgrading Koreshan to a proper server is more money than Draconic can afford
- The additional tier fee is also more money than Draconic can afford atm
- Draconic is way too sweet a person to get on people's asses about paying rent so as far as I know maybe 2-3 people are actually paying her rent right now.
- We do not use images larger than 512X512 although last time we complained about lag, LL said the proper size to use is 256 X256 which would look like complete shit.
- I try to turn off scripts everywhere when I can to reduce lag from users coming in
Draconic and Chicanery currently are working a lot IRL. Since it's hard to get hold of them and I really have no control over the sim, bitching out Linden labs is on hold for now.
First thing I'm going to do (maybe in a second or two since I just realized I brought my mac to work and it has SL on it), is I'm going to restart the sim. I don't know when the last time it got restarted was, and sometimes it just needs that to make it stop failing.
Second, I'm going to try to get Draconic to bitch a fit at Linden Labs over preformance. In theory I bet if you bitch a fit enough they might grandfather you into a better server, but it's Linden Labs. They are pretty confident that if you left, someone would just come in and take your place.
So that's the state of Koreshan atm.
The bakesale is scheduled to be this weekend but if the preformance doesn't improve, I might tell Chica we have to postpone it.