Monday, May 05, 2008

One fact I believe with all my heart and soul

Internet related jobs (developer, webdesigner, manager or coordinator of those) should NOT hire anyone over the age of 40.

If you are a developer and you are applying to work at a new firm, if the average age isn't 30 or less of the employees, DO NOT WANT.

This client who thinks he knows his shit is giving me a brain aneurysm. I want to stand near him while he looks at the Dev environment and smack him with a newspaper when he touches things he doesn't understand. I want to remind him that the statement "I used to be a developer just like you guys" has no meaning when that time period he is talking about involved computers the size of living rooms and hole punched cards.

Now don't get me wrong, Old people not bad. Old people good. Old people who think they know what I do for them is bad. I'd prefer those types where they look at the website and go "soo... this is run by magic ay?" and you nod, yes magic. "Well that's neat. Can I have a blinky page?" and you shake your head, noo blinky page tacky. And they nod and say "I don't want to be tacky" and you sit there in silent agreement.


So anyway. Client bad. bad bad bad. Need vacation. now now now.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Blogger eloheliot said...

actually old people who are better than me technology-wise really kinda weird me out. like douglas crockford.

but yeah, clients suck. except that they pay my bills T_T

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home