Thursday, January 17, 2008

BOYTAURS!

Bobby sent me this link to the 8 strangest communities on the web.

GUESS WHO IS ON THERE?!!!
Second Lifes comes in at #5.

Why It Makes Us Uncomfortable


Linden Labs, the company that makes Second Life, likes to brag about its membership numbers. In reality, the actual number of active players is always much, much lower than the sum total of all registered users. That means that people create an account, build a house for their in-game avatar to masturbate in, and then they stop playing and never come back. What does that mean for you, the curious, newbie player? It means that walking around Second Life is like walking around in some weird, virtual post-apocalyptic zombie movie, only instead of encountering zombies, you occasionally stumble across some dude dressed up like a mechanical teddy bear having sex with a giant cat.


If I had a nickel for every time I've run into that... I'd have a nickel. Where do they get their info? There aren't robo bears in SL. I've seen robodogs though.

3 Comments:

At 11:00 AM , Blogger Dot Lane said...

And meanwhile, in real life, there are people doing Google searches for "girl and hippo sex". How do I know? Because they find my blog about Second Life when they do. RL makes me *far* more uncomfortable....

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Noam said...

I'm suddenly very intrigued about your blog.
Scared and intrigued.

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Kirsten said...

My bad, guys. That was me with the giant cat. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home