Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pricing Update

I decreased the price of some of my older T-shirts and accessories and I'm continuing to assess the prices of the stuff I have up now.

I also have a prim issue with hair vendors. I might start selling hair in packs but I am definitely taking into consideration the fact that charging $L300 for the one hair color you want and 2 you think are crap is pretty ridiculous. I'm still puzzling over it and I'll update here when I come to a conclusion on it.

Gritty Kitty has always been a pretty cheaply priced store. As I get better with prim work I price according to time and effort spent on the item and I price against my older items. I don't want to be one of those people whose prices keep going up as they mature as a designer, so I'm lowering the prices of the older stuff so the new stuff stays relatively cheap. As of right now the most expensive thing in my store is $L400 for the art crime bag which I spend a whole bug filled month building and honestly didn't want to sell in the first place. $L400 is the price my individuality goes for. God that's pretty sad.

The inspiration for all of this was do to the fact I recently made an alt for work. I gave myself $5k and went off to play dress up and found out, you really can't buy much with $5k. Prices are grossly inflated and in some places I couldn't understand why I had to pay so much for a fat pack when I wanted one thing in it.

When you have an income in SL , you forget about looking at the prices. You just buy. Becoming a consumer again was really eye-opening and helped me remember how I used to be when I only had $20US worth of linden to spend monthly.

So I'm going to do my best keeping the customer in mind and not what other designers are doing.

3 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Blogger caLLie cLine said...

what a great idea... i have always loved your work, and creativity, i wish i shopped more, but i'm usually talking to customers, lol.

anyway, cool blog!

gonna link it to mine.

xoxo,

caLLie

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger Ru-る said...

I freakin' miss you, you fluffy-butt. T_T

And you still are so awesome.

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger Noam said...

T^T I miss you sooooo much Ru.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home