Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Clones and personal shopping

So I was on SL a lot yesterday all doped up and miserable and there are 2 things that are royally pissing me off.

Prepare for rawr ("( ' ,,,' )")

1) Noam-clones.

I went to my store to reset a vendor and there were 3 guys in there who looked like my clones. Given, none were perfect but it was to the point that one dude was wearing the exact same outfit with tats that I wore in my Scarf Ad. He had brown neko parts on since my brown spots are custom and you can't copy that. I know I should be flattered, but it made me want to vomit. I remade 90% of my ads yesterday that show my face and I'm remaking the last couple of them left tonight.

2) Customers

I love 80% of my customers. The last 20% are the people who contact me about things I already explain in my profile, the ones who want to fuck me or be bestest friends evarz, and the ones who act like I'm their personal shopper. I'm sorry, I'm just not doing it anymore. I'm trying to build or I actually take some time to hang out with friends which I rarely do anymore and I get the most ASININE IMS. If it was once a week, I wouldn't mind, once a day.. that's ok. But it's not. It's never under 6 annoying IMs a day and yesterday, it was at the maximum of 18 (I think it was more but I'm not counting the ones that were by people who are very to the point.) And the 2 people who actually had problems I was like straining myself not to be annoyed, just because I'd already been interrupted so many times.

If anyone IMs me from now on asking where they can go to buy "______" I will ignore them. If you have a problem with something I made, or need help with something, that's a legitimate reason to IM me. If you want to ask where to buy neko parts, skins, hair, neko toys, piercings, shoes, and pants... how about you type one of those words in Search and see what happens, because that's all I'd be doing anyway since I don't shop anymore. To everyone who has ever bothered me about this stuff... I'm not your personal shopper.

Next up, People who expect me to TP to them when they don't have a problem with my stuff. If you're a stranger and want to give me a hug... DUDE I DON'T WANT TO HUG YOU. I don't even want to hug my friends! I especially am not going to stop everything I'm doing to TP over to you and let you hug me. You're a stranger. Act like a stranger. You want Noam's neko ass? Noam isn't giving it up to you! Mew mew hi hi luffs ooo kyootie. Goddamn, is that what you call courting?!

Lastly, Read my profile or be ignored. If I get one more "can I buy your shape...", "Where do you buy your hair?" or "where can I get that skin?" I will go /me slaps you across the face and stomps away.

I really don't want to be mean to my customers, but all these bullshit IMs make be angry at the people who actually need help. My profile right now, is obviously way too friendly. I have to update my it to accommodate all of this. I can't keep myself in Busy mode all the time.

Seriously, I used to hate the idea of people being too scared to talk to me, like I was some kinda celebrity, but you know what? Random strangers IMing me about nothing relevant while I'm trying to work on stuff sucks a bajillion times more.

14 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

/me IMS noam for a TUG...

not a hug! A tug! I dunno where I was goin with that but still...

 
At 12:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so can i IM you to pounce you? it's not a hug.. and you aint shoppin for me... MWAHAHAHA ;p

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Noam said...

as long as you are like *pounce* and not like "could you stop everything you are doing, TP to my place and then let me use my pounce animation on you" THEN you may pounce the holy hell out of me.

And I already shop for you, just you don't necessarily know you want the stuff I buy you. Haha. Lets see, I've gotten you a penguin in a radioflyer, a turtle necklace and an easy bake oven...


I just got so erked yesterday. The most frustrating IMs were the weird come ons that were unwarranted. I don't want to be a dick and say NO, but NO! OMG NO!

I have a D.A.R.E. graduate card at home with 8 ways to say no on the back... I should see if any of those work.

 
At 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah i think i almost started a fire with my oven last night after you logged. and the cake.. tastes like battery acid and cardboard. o.O

and I lubss all my gifts.. LUMPY BUDDIES 4EVA! hahaha

But it's cool... i'll pounce when you're ready. :P

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Helyanwe said...

Will you be my bestest friend evarz!?
T.T

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Noam said...

Homgz ewnoez!

Kidding. I'd PAY you to be my bestest friend evaz

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Nex Brannan said...

I need more customers, then I'd get IMs

As it is I get maybe 1 IM a week from customer/strangers.

And it's mostly, "Is such-and-such trans" which is alright

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Noam said...

If we could trade I would. I wouldn't be blogging all grumpy like if it didn't bother me so much.

The thing is, I won't ignore anyone so I lose so much time answering questions about things that aren't even relevant to my store.

I am not a social person, I really don't want to get chatty with strangers.

THAT is what bothers me. If something broke or you need a custom fitting, that's cool. I want to help. You want to find neko parts? well search for frigging neko parts.

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger Candi said...

haha I get maybe 1 IM a day, but that 1 IM is always a dislexic moron Lol :p

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i will not even mention the amount i get :P i really fight daily to not strangle ppl that IMs me...i even put in my profile "i will no answer IMs before 3PM SLT or after midnight"...ooooh but noooooes!...its like you telling them IM me at that time and the shape,skin,hairs,neko parts uff...plus the girls asking if i will ever date a girl, or if i will like a threesome with them and Nic ...or...guys asking if i will let them fuck me cus im cute or fuck them cus they want me to..or the ones asking me money..or custom work...bleh...i wish there was a button to put you online only for certain ppl, the rest would see you offline...that would be heaven really.

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Noam said...

See the option to let yourself be seen as offline would be awesome, if I didn't still get this crap when I'm offline.


I wish there was a button to make people read your profile.

 
At 12:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe make a poster really big and put it in your shop?

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Noam said...

I'm on mainland, a poster would take forever to rez, and I dunno about you but I hate reading off posters because rezzing makes them fuzzy.

If it takes a while to rezz and you are a person who doesn't read, I doubt you are gonna read it.

I might open my GK group

 
At 7:35 AM , Blogger Noam said...

Lol, like you don't rant in your blog. :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home