Thursday, November 16, 2006

Death to the copybot

First off... I think I made my dinner last night with expired butter. I've been in the toilet since 2:30am very, very sick. I'm a dumbass. I'm sitting here waiting for my stomache to settle because I MUST go into work today. I have Flash MX on my computer, but I think it's the old one before they went to Adobe.

Ok so Copybot, Keishii IMed me this:
[21:31] Keishii Roo: Midnight Wilde: just got done haveinga dialog of sorts with one of the libsl people
[21:31] Keishii Roo: Midnight Wilde: made some suggestions and found
out that after the next patch the copybot wont work anymore
[21:32] Keishii Roo: Midnight Wilde: they seemed willing to work to
make sure their archival tool copy bot cant be used to remove permissions the
problem with it right now its open sorce


Anyone reading this who hassled and bullied Keishii yesterday about not closing his store, you should be ashamed of yourself. A lot of people made a conscious effort to actually learn what copybot does before deciding to shut down their business. Keishii, like myself, like Zabitan, like so many, primarily make clothing which copybot can COPY, but can't STEAL. What can you do with a copy of a flattened baked on texture? Nothing, it reverts back to white when you attempt to mod it. The copied shape reverts back to the original also when you attempt to mod it. You know what else it can't steal? Scripts, animations and sounds.

Moronity, is Misfit Grimes new word to descibe the panicked actions of a lot of people in the past few days. I'm going to steal from the "you might be a redneck guy" here:

  • If you are a clothing creator who shuts down your store because you don't want people to steal from you using copybot, chances are you have a case of moronity.


  • If you are a scripter or a animation maker who shuts down your store over copybot, chances are you have an extreme case of moronity.


  • If you, at any point during this fiasco, threatened another designer because they wouldn't join your protest (ie- you'll be blacklisted, no one will shop at your store, you won't get support from us if you get stolen from) you not only have an extreme case of moronity, you are the canon in which all other cases are judged against. If your an adult, which hey- you might not be, you shouldn't have to threaten another adult as a means of debate.


Dude, if you did the above and didn't think news of your harrassment would be spread through the design community like a virus, well you don't just have a case of moronity, you're just plain fucking stupid as well. :/

Learn from this experience. Pay attention to how people see you know and how they saw you then and try to get something from this to apply to the next situation that happens. Even if it's just a simple "well I'll learn more before I react."

... Yeah I tend to have a lot of these summations where I say "look deep into yourself" or "empathsize with your enemy." I have a psychology degree and I was always naturally prone to this kinda crap. Blame my hippi mother. Rawr.* shakes a fist* It's not a positive trait considering I'm secretly highstrung and neurotic.

Woody Allen ain't got nuthin' on me.

12 Comments:

At 8:51 AM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

Eh, while I agree that giving ppl daft ultimatums is well, fucking daft, I don't think people are wrong for wanting to close down, after all it's each to their own!

I hope moronity isn't like, catching... :(

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

OH and on a more important note. EAT DRY CRACKERS!

Gross, but ick soaking!

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Noam said...

I'm all for people closing down, but I don't know how many did it for the right reason. :/

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Noam said...

I don't think I have any crackers!
hrmm...


And I don't know if moronity catches. I think it's something you either have or you don't in a stressful situation. Like you can shut down your store to support your friends, but if you shut down your animation store out of copybot fear.. well that's moronity.

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

Ok, yes that IS moronity, but that's what happens when mass panic ensues...

I am so glad I am a talentless fool!

GET SOME CRACKERS

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Donovan Brennen said...

Down with the moronity! >:(


Awww poor Noam. *rubs his tummy*

*puts on some buckled boots and does a lil dance*

Feel better cutie!

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Candi said...

I agree, Most people shut down because thats what the "cool kids" were doing, or because they felt threatened to do to or they'd be blacklisted. It's ridiculous.

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger Noam said...

It was so shitty to come on and talk to my friends who were worried about people telling others to NOT shop at their stores because they didn't close.

:\ Bollocks to that.
There Donovan, I used bollocks in a sentence! :-O!

=^_^=

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

Noam is an honorary Brit YAY!

 
At 2:47 PM , Blogger Noam said...

I refuse to eat sausage in pudding!

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

¬_¬

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Noam said...

BWAHAHA X3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home