Friday, September 12, 2008

WANTED:Scripter/ Scripting lessons

** UPDATE- I got a teacher. X3 A really really good one YAY!

If you give a man a fish, he gets to eat for a day and if you teach a man to fish he gets to eat.. more fish. Something... however that goes.

I NEED A VERY SMART SCRIPTER WHO WILL TEACH ME THINGS.

I've tried 2 classes in SL in the past 6 months and they teachers always kinda flake out. It's been my experience with all scripters that after like 3 or so months of awesome collaboration, something shiny comes along and they go away.

Since all I do IRL is write code, I really hate the thought of having to code during my free time. Last weekend I was playing with the handler for sculpt maps and map types on a pose ball script and Linden Script is pretty much like any other coding language. You have variables, you pass shit around, you act on things, blah blah blah.

If you bought that last belt, you'd have noticed that it spams the hell out of the channel AND for some reason it asks if you want to animate your avatar. I didn't make the script and I played with it all last night trying to reset the shit and reinstall it just to get the same annoying results. I need to stop relying on other people's scripts. They aren't good. They aren't mine and getting yelled at because they break in a way I don't know how to fix sucks bag-loads of dicks.

So, I'm thinking it's time I just learn this stuff. I know what I want my stuff to do and I know what is the best UI to accomplish it, as that's my freaking job outside of SL.

My roadblock is, where do you find a GOOD scripter to help teach you this stuff? I would learn on my own, but I want faster results. I will pay for classes. I'm not exactly beginner level because I know many other languages.

Does anyone know someone who teaches classes? Or knows a good way for me to find someone? Someone who isn't a flake.

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM , Blogger nimil said...

oohh i was wondering why lucas kept asking me why the belt asked to animate him :s

 
At 3:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly- I don't have the brain capacity to learn how to script. All I want is a good scripter who'll work for me and do my shiz up! :D But good luck on learning it and if you do, I'm going to force you to help me.

<3 Ellie

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Noam said...

I wanted that too but then like 2 years of flakes it's like dude.. NO MORE.

Nimil can you IM me Lucas' name again so I can send him the new version. I removed all those scripts (out of 126 prims... because their script scrubber DIDN'T WORK) and installed my oldies but goodies. The functionality is different but it's less shitty in terms of lag and random animation requests.

The guy who is going to teach me stuff looked at the belt and was like... this is awful.

I'm NEVER buying a packaged script again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home