Friday, November 09, 2007

Just to make this PAINFULLY CLEAR

I do not participate in fashion shows. This extends from being in them to going to them.

STOP SENDING ME FASHION SHOW PARAPHERNALIA
No invites, no notecards, no I don't need models. I am just not interested. The past month this whole fashion show fad has become more hardcore with people pestering me about it. It even says in my profile I'm not interested, but no one reads profiles. If you want me to right off the bat love you, just read the damn profile. I can get testimonials from people on how much sweeter a person I am if they've done as little as acknowledge something from my profile when they start that initial conversation.

Why no interest in fashion shows? Isn't "no!" enough anymore? I'm not a fashion designer, I'm a content creator. I make crap. I harbor no false pretenses that I have a farking clue about fashion and frankly beyond "this looks good on me" I don't care about fashion trends. There are many people who can be considered "fashion designers" in SL and none are named Noam Sprocket. And given a choice between seeing a SL fashion show or playing Psychonauts for an hour and/or having a bowel movement, the fashion show will aways lose. I'm just not digging it. It's my prerogative and I'm positive there are loads of people who would cream their jeans over it, but I am not in that demographic. Stop marketing to me.

Not that my target audience of pesterers would go so far as to read my blog before contacting me, but I need to get this off my chest.

Also, following things are dumb:
1) Assuming I go asscrazy excited over things that have to do with nekos. I'm a neko. Whoopity doo. It has been over a year of nekodom. Already been there done that. Ker-snore.
You want my attention? Aliens. Hot sexy aliens. "You're having a sexy tentacle alien party?! I'M SO THERE!" is what I'd say.

2) Calling me: Girl, sweetie, baby, pookie, pal, pallie, buddy, Cutie, sweets and kiddo. Unless you are my mom (and I don't even like it when she does it) lay off. Noam. It's 4 letters. It's like the word Moan. If you are into cybering, I'm sure your familiar with writing the latter and know where all 4 buttons are on the keyboard.
I know I'm wasting time, but I named my av after Noam Chompsky. Most people who know who that is don't call strangers "darlin" so suggesting that people think of him when they see Noam, is pretty pointless.

Again, this is just word puke to make me feel better and I am fully aware that none of this will reach my target audience. Tomorrow I will log into more modeling show invites, some repeats that I got the week before and said no to, but apparently "no" means "Maybe if you bug me more I'll cave ^_^ <3<3<3:D!!!!!11111111" and of course the sarcastic comments from people who actually read this blog trying to get my goat. :P
((why a goat? where the hell did that expression come from?))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home